Fasting is a dieting method that is used to help burn fat and reduce caloric intake. A lot of religious groups will use fasting as part of a religious ceremony as a way to show devotion to their deity.
Fasting isn’t right for everyone, though. Is very difficult for some people to completely avoid eating food for long periods of time, which is where fat mimicking diets come in. These diets are an attempt to trick the body into thinking that it is going through a fasting period without actually giving up all food.
Fast mimicking diet and recipes give people some options to make meals that can help them diet and lose weight enjoy the benefits that fasting provides. It can be very difficult to trick your body into believing something is happening when it is not. But this is not the first diet to try something like that. The keto diet tries to trick your body into a state of ketosis to make it burn fat faster. Fast mimicking diets work on some of the same principles to produce an effect in the body that’s very similar to fasting.
Fasting and diet expert Valter Longo provides a lot of advice fast mimicking diets. Valter Longo fast mimicking diet recipes are all about eating vegan with some fish. He recommends minimizing how much saturated fat you consume and making sure you are eating foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Fruit and Pine Nut Mix
- Juice from one lemon
- 25 ounces of pine nuts
- 5 ½ ounces of mixed berries
- You can use a variety of different berries for this recipe, including strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. You should rinse your fruits and cut off the stems. Then, cut the larger fruits, like strawberries, into small, bite size pieces.
- Put your berries into a bowl, and then add the lemon juice and the pine nuts.
Many recipes for the fast mimicking diet are very simple like this, using small amounts of flavoring or seasoning. You want to avoid things that could add calories to your meal. At the same time, you need to be avoiding strenuous exercise. Light exercise is fine, but it can be difficult to overdo it when you are mimicking a fast. Your body simply won’t have the energy or strength to do strenuous exercise.
Pressure Cooker Spinach Hummus and Veggies
If you’re looking for fast mimicking diet instant pot recipes, this one can be made using a pressure cooker. Like most fast mimicking diet recipes, this one uses only a few ingredients, all of which are vegan. This diet comes from a long list of Doctor Longo fast mimicking diet recipes, and he is considered one of the leading experts on the subject.
- 1 ounce of dried chickpeas
- 2 ounces of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 4 ounces of carrots
- 2 1/2 ounces of avocado
- You can use a pressure cooker or Instant Pot to boil the chickpeas. If you’re using a pressure cooker, they should cook for an hour. If you are using the Instant Pot, you will need to cook the chickpeas for 50 minutes and allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes. If you are cooking in a pot on the stove, it will take about four hours to cook them.
- Drain the chickpeas out and add them to a blender, along with spinach, lemon juice, and tahini. You can also add in cumin, salt, and garlic for extra flavoring.
- This recipe is served with avocados and carrots as a low-calorie side to dip your hummus with.
Veggie Salad and Rice Cakes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 6 ounces of tomatoes
- 6 ounces of cucumber
- 4 ounces of green beans
- 3 ounces of spinach
- 2 ounces of avocado
- Rice cakes
- Cook up the green beans. You can also use a different vegetable, like cauliflower or broccoli.
- Add in your fresh ingredients- tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, spinach.
- Dress the salad using olive oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Serve on rice cakes.
You can modify this recipe to use any fresh herbs you like, and many recipes for the fast mimicking diet can be modified to use whatever you have on hand or the veggies and herbs that you prefer. Some people prefer to cook many of the fresh ingredients used in this recipe. Just be aware that this will rob some of the food of its nutritional value.
Ginger Carrot Soup
- 11 ounces of carrots
- 7 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 ounces of vegetable stock (or bullion) or water
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 ounce of almonds
- One ounce of onions
- Pressed garlic
- Grated ginger
- Ground coriander seeds
- Grate the ginger and add in garlic and coriander seed if you like.
- Sauté the onions and add in grated seasonings as well as chopped almonds.
- Add vegetable broth and chopped carrots, and then use salt to season.
- Cook in a pot on the stove for 20 minutes and then pour the contents of the pot into a blender to puree.
- Pour the soup back into the pot and add in coconut milk, until your soup is warm.
If you are making recipes for 5 days fast mimicking diet like this that call for coconut milk, be careful about the coconut milk brand you buy. Some are very high in fat and are closer to coconut cream. They can add a lot of calories to your meal, so look at the calorie count to make sure it is low on the package of coconut milk you are buying. If you find one that gives you about 60 calories per cup, then that will still work for your fat mimicking diet and not push your calorie count too high.
Potatoes and Eggplants with Tofu
- 4 ounces of potatoes
- 8 ounces of eggplant
- 5 ounces of tofu
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Lemon juice
- Spices- coriander, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and cardamon
- Blend together spices and add in eggplant and potato chunks. Toss by hand.
- In a heavy pot, heat a few tablespoons of oil and add about 1/4 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, once the oil is hot.
- Once the fenugreek seeds turn brown, which should only take a few seconds, add in your vegetables.
- Cook everything until it starts to turn brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in a little water to prevent the vegetables from sticking. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and add in the tofu gently.
These are just a few recipes for fast mimicking diet that you can use, and there are tons more. If you’re looking for a way to fast while still eating food, these fast mimicking diet recipes can be very helpful. They ensure a low caloric intake and very little fat in your diet, while still giving you enough energy to go about your day. So, you don’t have to suffer from a lot of the side effects of fasting but can still reap many of the benefits.